After sublimation, attach self adhesive pin (included).
Made in USA.
UNISUB FRP BUTTON SUBLIMATION
- sublimatable substrate
- sublimation transfer
- teflon or scratch paper
- heat tape
- soft paper towel (recommended)
Heat press settings:
- temperature - 400 degrees F
- dwell time - 1:15-1:30 seconds
- pressure - light to medium
Note: The recommended settings above may need adjustments for best results.
Settings will vary depending on the heat press brand and model ink and paper
and atmospheric conditions.
2nd Note: The layers of soft paper towel achieve two goals: 1. it helps to
distribute the pressure evenly throughout the substrate; 2. it helps to trap
ink that is dispersed outside of the edges of the substrate if there is an
overprint area or full bleed in the artwork.
Layer the press from the bottom pad to the top heat platen as follows:
1. teflon sheet or scratch paper
2. 2-3 layers of soft paper towel
5. teflon sheet or scratch paper
1. Remove the protective plastic coating if any from the substrate.
2. Align the substrate onto the transfer.
3. Tape two ends of the substrate to the transfer using the heat tape.
4. Place the transfer and substrate in the press onto the paper towel
(transfer on top of substrate).
5. Place the teflon sheet or scratch paper over the transfer and substrate.
6. Press the items using the settings listed above.
7. Remove items from the press immediately. Use heat resistant gloves if
necessary - the items will be very hot.
8. Tear the transfer in half opposite the taped ends.
- If the image of the final product appears light increase the pressure or
the dwell time slightly (5-15 seconds).
- If the image on the final product appears blurred or substrate appears
yellowed reduce the dwell time slightly (5-15 seconds).
- When sublimating a double-sided substrate sublimate one side allow to
cool and then sublimate the other side. Use a fresh teflon or scratch paper
under the substrate to eliminate any degassing of the first image onto the
press or teflon.